Looking to clean your home’s exterior but don’t know where to start? Pressure washing is a great option! In this blog post, we will walk you through the 8 simple steps needed to pressure wash your home. We’ll also provide some tips on how to get the best results. Follow these simple steps and you’ll be able to restore your home’s exterior to its former glory in no time!
Pressure Wash Your Home in 8 Simple Steps
Before you begin, it’s important to gather all the necessary supplies. You’ll need a pressure washer, a hose, and some detergent. Once you have everything you need, follow these steps:
Step One: Connect your pressure washer to a water source and turn it on.
Step Two: Adjust the pressure settings on your machine. For most homes, a setting of 1500 psi is sufficient. If you’re not sure what setting to use, consult your pressure washer’s manual.
Step Three: Hold the tip of the pressure washer about two feet from the surface you’re cleaning and start washing in a back-and-forth motion. Be sure to overlap each stroke by about six inches.
Step Four: Work your way around the entire house, taking care to reach all the nooks and crannies. Pay special attention to areas that are especially dirty, such as around the gutters.
Step Five: Once you’ve gone over the entire house, it’s time to rinse. Set the pressure washer to its lowest setting and hold the tip close to the surface as you work your way around the house.
Step Six: When you’re finished rinsing, turn off the pressure washer and disconnect it from the water source.
Step Seven: Move any furniture or other items that were blocking your access to certain areas of the house back into place.
Step Eight: Enjoy your clean home!
Tips for Pressure Washing Safely
Now that you know how to pressure wash your home, it’s important to keep safety in mind. Here are a few tips to help you pressure wash safely:
- Wear protective clothing, such as gloves and goggles, while operating the pressure washer.
- Be careful not to aim the pressure washer directly at windows or other fragile surfaces.
- Never operate the pressure washer without first reading the manual and understanding the machine’s capabilities.
- Use caution when pressure washing around electrical outlets or other potential sources of water damage.
- Be a good neighbor and avoid pressure washing late at night or early in the morning.
- If you’re not comfortable operating the pressure washer, hire a professional to do it for you.
- Never leave the pressure washer unattended while it’s running.
- Keep children and pets away from the area while you’re pressure washing.
By following these simple tips, you can pressure wash your home safely and effectively. With a little time and effort, you’ll be able to restore your home’s exterior to its former glory!
Pressure washing is a great way to clean your home’s exterior. By following these simple steps and taking some basic safety precautions, you can pressure wash your home safely and effectively. In no time at all, you’ll be able to enjoy a clean and beautiful home!